Every Day, We Create a Unique Culture
We understand that creating a purpose-driven, rewarding culture is critical to our collective success and our mission to serve the rare disease community.
We know that to become the most rewarding company to work for we need to cultivate an environment in which every team member is encouraged and equipped to perform at their personal best. This is why we continually strive to foster a culture that reflects values that are core to our unique work, and illustrates our daily commitment to people living with rare and devastating diseases, our Guiding Star.
Guided by our focus on serving patients and activated through our shared commitment to transform lives, our four culture values were purposefully created based on our desire to change lives for the better: ours, people living with diseases, and the communities we serve.
- We put patients at the heart of every decision we make
- We seek to understand patients’ journeys and with our passion and persistence, help each patient find answers and deliver transformative therapies that change lives
- We collaborate and partner with the world around us to create value for patients
- We trust, value, respect and empower team members
- We unlock value through diversity of people, ideas, cross-functional collaboration and continuous learning
- We celebrate success and embrace failure as an opportunity to learn and improve
Act With Integrity
- We embrace compliance and quality as essential to everything we do
- We build trust and earn credibility by doing things the right way
- We are all leaders and accountable to each other, patients, customers, stakeholders and shareholders
Innovate for Solutions
- We innovate with discipline and focus to seek creative solutions in all aspects of our work
- We take balanced risks and encourage experimentation
- We actively listen with humility to diverse internal and external inputs, and harness new ideas
The Experience of Working at Alexion
We strive to be the most rewarding company to work for, fostering the type of environment that attracts and retains the best talent and provides the tools to enable each individual to perform at their personal best so that we maximize our collective impact. This means we:
- Empower team members to produce meaningful work through which they can see a connection to the patient
- Enable fulfilling work that maximizes their skills and potential
- Ensure team members feel valued by their managers as well as their colleagues
- Create a sense of belonging in our internal communities
- Optimize rewards and equity that recognize excellent contributions
By creating an unparalleled employee experience, our organization is equipped to adapt and enrich employees with a productive, engaging, and enjoyable work experience while accelerating world-class leadership and innovation capabilities that can deliver on our mission. These efforts are underpinned by our purpose-driven performance culture. Each of us is accountable to achieve our objectives with the highest standards of ethics and integrity, so we ultimately deliver on behalf of the patients who rely on us.
Alexion embraces the communities in which we operate. To help tackle pressing social needs in our communities, we support non-profit organizations with monetary grants and harness the power of our global workforce for a Global Day of Service, during which we work with charitable organizations around the world.
Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
Our culture is rooted in integrity, inclusiveness, and our dedication to joining and supporting the communities in which we live and work. There is an inherent connection between the experience of our employees and the experience of the patients we serve, and we invest in and value people who believe in the importance of our purpose and understand what it takes to deliver on it. We understand that recruiting diverse talent and elevating voices is just the first step in our DI&B journey. We strive to create an environment that enables individuals to thrive in their sense of long-term belonging.
It’s important to me to remain positive. It’s a scary journey and there are unknowns. But from my perspective, I still have my life to live.”JASON LIVING WITH PNH