ALEXION CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
A Promise of Belonging
The mission of the Alexion Charitable Foundation is to offer promise and cultivate a sense of belonging, particularly for people affected by a rare disease.
The Alexion Charitable Foundation is part of Alexion’s charitable giving approach, which is designed to have the most positive impact possible. We do this through two main impact areas: the Alexion Charitable Foundation and Corporate Giving.
There are two programs through which we provide funding from the Alexion Charitable Foundation: Rare Belonging® and local needs grants.
Rare Belonging is a unifying marquee for a suite of funding priorities designed to benefit people affected by one of the over 7,000 rare diseases identified on the Genetic Alliance Disease InfoSearch and Global Genes’ RARE list (Rare Disease), including patients, their families, and caregivers. Rare Belonging seeks to help the rare disease community cope with isolation, attain education and job skills support, and help alleviate economic burdens.
Funding priorities include:
- Mental health counseling: Connecting the rare disease community with mental health professionals, supporting mental health tracks at conferences and related assistance
- Education and job skills: Supporting funding for educational needs for children and young adults, and career reskilling for adults newly diagnosed with a rare disease
- Transportation and accommodations: Providing funding for pressing needs
- Critical needs: Providing financial assistance in times of critical need, such as natural disasters or significant, unplanned expenses
The Alexion Charitable Foundation provides funding to third-party, disease-agnostic, nonprofit organizations that design and administer programs that align with the Rare Belonging Guidelines and Criteria. To apply for a Rare Belonging grant, first please carefully review the Guidelines and Criteria document. After your review, you may choose to complete and submit a Grant Application and a Project Budget worksheet (both are required). Email ACF@alexion.com if you need assistance.
Local Needs Grants
Local needs grants fund organizations in communities where Alexion has a major presence and that align with the mission of the foundation, but without the requirement of benefiting the rare disease community. Grants focus on advancing:
- Emotional well-being through mental health and other social services
- Educational opportunities through basic and STEM education, job readiness, and other skills
- Diversity and inclusion efforts through awareness, training, and community outreach
For questions related to the Alexion Charitable Foundation: ACF@alexion.com
If anything, living with PNH has made me appreciate my time even more, and given me more drive to get back to doing what I love to do.”JOE LIVING WITH PNH